Electric Shock

    A person who accidentally touches frayed wires or faulty electrical appliances with wet hands or while standing on a wet ground will get an electric shock. A mild shock is merely painful, but a severe shock is life threatening.
  • The first thing to do is cut off the electrical current by pulling out the plug or switching off the power mains.
  • If this cannot be done, push the victim away from the point of contact with wooden or rubber – coated object (ex. Baseball bat, chair). Do not used metallic object. Stand on insulating material, such as phone book, while doing this.
  • Make sure that you do not come in direct contact with the source of electrical current or with the victim until he has been separated from the source of shock.
  • If the victim is breathing put him in the recovery position.
  • If he is not breathing but there is a pulse, do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
  • If the victim has no breathing and there is no pulse, do cardiopulmonary resuscitation or (CPR).
  • If there are burns, treat them.
  • If the shock comes from high-voltage source (ex. Power mains, electric train rails, etc), do not approach or attempt to rescue the victim. Maintain a distance of at least 18 meters. Go for expert help.

Leave a Reply

Thank you ^^